Random thought




I have been thinking a lot recently about my husband. It seems as life gets busier with school, work, kids....life-that my appreciation for him gets put aside. It's tough to think about all the good he really does when I am overwhelmed or stressed out because we are so rushed or so busy. It seems like even though I am home all day, I can't wait to see him and spend time with him, but frequent plans are made otherwise. I act unappreciative and not understanding. I become selfish and am over taken with my own emotions. More recently, as my spiritual life has been growing, I've realized that....it's kind of NOT all about me :) I am not here to be served by my kids, my husband or anyone else for that matter. I am here to serve. I am here to be the best wife and mother possible that God has allowed me to be. My life is so full of blessing. I am so loved and taken care of yet sometimes I lose sight of this and get caught up in the moment. It's not fair to those around me when my selfish desires are put up as a forefront. I am not saying that I am going to be a perfect wife, or mother-is there one?, but I am going to try to show my appreciation. I shouldn't have Donovan as a husband, yet God gave me that privilege. I should not have two adorable, loving, precious children, but I do. And these three mean the world to me. I would not have any other life but this one.

Comments

Tina said…
I could have written this! I have been realizing the same things about myself recently. I don't know why it is so easy for us to forget how blessed we are!
Angela Roller said…
Aww. That's so sweet. Donovan is lucky to have a wife that thinks this way. John may have not been so lucky...haha.
Bithiah said…
Bwahahahaaaa!!! I just made the same comment to John about me! HAHA

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug