Happy Fathers Day!
With Father's Day right around the corner (tomorrow) I have been thinking a lot about what it means to have a father in my life and for my children to have a father in their lives.
My husband. He is amazing. He is a really great dad. His laid back personality can fool anyone but me. In this house, he is known as many things aside from "just a laid back guy". He has many jobs and rolls to fill here. He is the tickle monster-lurking around every corner just waiting for a frown. He is the pushover who lets scared night stalkers slip into his side of the bed because "it's probably much more comfortable than his own bed" and doesn't count the number of chocolate milk "sippys" that are given once he is home. He is the epitome of Mr. Fun who suggests outings such as a couple hour trek to the zoo with an infant and a toddler because it he knows how much fun they will have. He is who everybody can't wait for to come home. He is a wonderful dad and spoils his kids rotten. The kids have only received a small glimpse of the relationship they will have in the future. I can see the amazing gifts of love and grace they will learn from him. He spoils them, loves them unconditionally and leads them toward a Christ centered life. The love of Christ flows from his heart to his children.
Daddy's boy since the beginning:

Always taking help
Adored

An example of the epitome of fun

She LOVES her da
She loves the kisses

He's always got your back baby girl!

First team meeting
For anyone who doesn't know my dad, he is an amazing man. He is the hardest working man I know. My entire life, he has been THE example of hard work. I don't think he realizes how much he has taught me in life. Some of the best memories I have of growing up are with him and my brother. I always recall going to Gunpowder Falls in the summer and swimming all day long. 22 cent cheeseburgers were sure to follow. It was either that or tacos from Taco Bell. I have fond memories of hours spent at parks, playing basketball, riding bikes and watching tons of movies. He spent time with my brother and I. Even when he had to work, he spent time with us. He patiently let us work along side him, even if it took longer to complete his tasks. He took responsibility for me when I made mistakes that could even cost him his job. He was always calm. He appreciated anything that was given to him, made for him or done for him. A funny memory I have is from when I was 8 years old. I had an easy bake oven and loved to make up my own recipes. My dad is so sweet and my brother and I tried to test that. We concocted a mixture of mayonnaise, mustard, relish, ketchup, dry noodles, ranch dressing and salt and pepper all combined with a brownie packet. My dad ate it. All. Like a champ. Years later we asked him if he really had liked it. Nope. But he ate it. He helped us with homework, cleaned up our scraped knees and hugged us even when he didn't want to be loved on. He is an amazing man. I am blessed to be able to call him Dad. Not all girls can say that. He is wonderful and my children are blessed to have him as a grandfather-or Pop Pop Jack :)
Donovan's dad is another example of hard work. He does anything to provide for his family. I think I can see where Donovan inherited this quality. He has a great example in his parents. We have the blessing of his family moving here next month. Our kids are going to be even more spoiled than they are with them living 1,000 miles away. Malachi and Halynd adore him and can't wait to call him up for ice cream dates :)
Comments