
Halybug after the piercing



Donovan and I decided that we were going to wait until Halynd was 5 to get her ears pierced. We were going to make it a special day. Yesterday we were enjoying the nice weather and walking around the Promenade when we walked by Claire's. There was a little girl who was about 5 years old holding tightly to a teddy bear and waiting for her ears to be pierced. On a whim, Donovan says, "Let's get her ears pierced". I was in shock and a little nervous! We went inside and Haly was unsuspecting even when she saw the little girl wincing in pain from getting her ears pierced. We got her prepped and ready to go, picked out the earrings and went for it. We decided that if we were going to torture our princess that it would not be at different times, so both ears were done at once. There was a five second delay, but she screamed and cried for about 2 minutes afterwards-mostly because we had to clean them and then turn them. She was a champ and looks beautiful with her sparkly earrings.
On a sad note, she lost one while she was sleeping. I found it and had to repuncture the hole. That was more sad than when she had it done in the first place. Hopefully we don't have to revisit this! She needs to keep the earrings in for 8 weeks so that there's no infection, but after that, I forsee some fun trips for earrings in the future.
She looks so girly and pretty! I am so excited about it. Donovan said that Malachi is getting his first tattoo next week. Ha.ha.
Comments