Halloween Realizations
Yesterday was Halloween! Beyond the obvious reasons of enjoying yesterday, i.e., trick or treating, dressing my children up in adorable costumes, consuming mass quantities of sugary treats :) There was reason for celebration beyond the enjoyment of all those things listed.
Yesterday was a celebration of Reformation day!
This is the first time it has been brought to my attention of this day. This dates back to the days of Martin Luther, (not to be confused with Martin Luther King, Jr.) I'm talking wayy back! October 31, 1517. Luther revolutionized religion. He brought light to the fact that the popular religions of the time were basing salvation on works. Now, up until yesterday, I misconstrued the passages on faith based on works. My understanding was that we MUST perform certain "things" to earn the grace and merit heaven. Now, I understand that because we are chosen to be saved, the fruit(not "s") of the spirit will be evident! I hadn't previously fully grasped the understanding of this statement. This is one example of what Luther fought for aside his other 94 reasons for straying away from religion and striving towards Jesus.
I am so busy with everything else in my life that I had given up on being "philosophical", but I am piecing together that anyone can grasp the intricate teachings of the Bible that aren't on the surface, but require searching the scriptures, praying often and keeping an open communication line with God and letting go to let the spirit manifest in my heart.


Comments