Learning lessons from my Cutie Patooties





While daddy was working on his Jeep this afternoon, Ms. Hbug and I took a walk around the neighborhood. I cannot believe she is already at the curious age where she wants to go everywhere and is so unaware that there are things that will hurt her. She is focused on looking at what's in the sky or across the street instead of what is directly in front of her. This reminds me of how God saves us. We are constantly focused on what is ahead of us. We look across the street & in the sky and are distracted so easily. We stumble over things & run through things. It's a good thing God can see what lies immediately in front of us. I'm sure he intervenes far more than we could ever imagine. I love this about God. He is constantly interacting with us in our lives. He doesn't just sit back in his easy chair with popcorn & some orange soda and watch us make mistakes. He is present. He is living in us and around us and through us.

I love that I have this picture of God through how I take care of my children. They are so involved in exploring and experiencing that they aren't aware of their ill welfare. I am the one who will grab their hands when a car comes driving down the street, interrupting their search for the perfect leaf. Looking back, I can see God lovingly grabbing my hand in many situations in life. I pray that I can learn to walk alongside of Christ. I pray I will mature in my faith enough to not always have God grabbing me by the hand, but beforehand, me looking up outside of myself and being aware. In the same manner as our children will learn to be aware of what is happening around them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I give birth to interpret a only one of the articles on your website in the present circumstances, and I unqualifiedly like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites web stage list and disposition be checking back soon. Will repress into public notice my site as well and vindicate me conscious what you think. Thanks.
Anonymous said…
Really like the graphical design and navigation of the site, easy on the eyes and good content. other sites are just way too overflowing with adds

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought