Change of Heart


It is amazing what God uses to get to your heart. I had hit rock bottom for a while now. I was thirsting for something and didn't know what it was. I had a genuine desire for something more, but didn't know where from, who from, what from. I have searched and searched. I've looked in the church community and couldn't find what I needed. I've looked in more non personal ways such as blogs, advice columns, books-but still the desire burned. I even decided that it was something I needed from my husband, but was consistently disappointed and still left with this need.

I would make excuses to myself why I didn't do my consistent Bible study and quiet time. I'm too tired was the persistent answer that permeated and clouded my vision. I had been caught up in the everyday nonsense that felt like a weight on my shoulders. There is always laundry to be washed, folded and put away. There is an unmeasurable, unending amount of dishes-loading, unloading, loading. And the cleaning. I am convinced that cleaning will never end. Although all these other tasks were important, the responsibility of raising 2 kids and working (watching 6 others), going to school and church remained also. There are also the other 1,000 everyday things that serve as a distraction from what is really important. I had become consumed with these things and even though I was full of responsibilities and duties, I still wanted something more.

I am so excited to say that God has been working hard on my heart for a while now. I have been searching for the answer to my unending desire and realized that the answer has been literally right in front of my nose the whole entire time. Residing in me. Christ is enough. I never understood that statement. There was always those thoughts of but this and but what about that in the back of my mind.

I've also found a friendship that I believe is going to be the best one I've ever had. One that is authentic and genuine. One that is focused on uplifting and encouraging each other. One that is not centered on gossip.

Even on this rainy day, my vision is no longer cloudy. I have a sense of peace that I've been longing for for so long. Jesus is enough.

Comments

ashley said…
That's great! I too, have felt like there is something that is missing from my life. Like everyday I could be doing something more .
ashley said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought