SAHM

A title I thought would never happen.
Well, I have officially been involved with daycare since Malachi was 18 months old. He's now 3 1/2. In that time, I have had another little one and have another one on the way. It was a long process, but I have been doing daycare at my own home for a year and a half. I honestly never thought we would ever be in the position for me to be able to stay at home. With doing daycare, it works out great financially. The greatest benefit is getting to spend the entire day with my kids. The days are long right now, but they won't always be. This is a chance of a lifetime that I need not take for granted.
Eventually, *sniff sniff* Malachi will go to Kindergarten and just 2 short years later, Halynd will go to Kindergarten. They will no longer be spending the entire day with me!
There are many benefits of doing daycare at my home. I am able to see my children all day and care for them. I am able to teach them new things. I am able to love on them and cuddle with them. We have a very flexible schedule that caters to bad moods and missing naps. We can do many fun activities inside and out. My kids get many great friends that they love seeing everyday. Malachi even cries when they leave.
With everything, there are a couple drawbacks. The hours are LONG. It seems longer with two young ones. Being a mommy is a 24.7 blessing :) We are limited in where we can go because my car only holds three kiddos. I watch 6+2(of mine)=8 kids. So we have to get very creative with what we do! It is a wear on the walls. Really!
Our plan has always been that when our kids go into Kindergarten, I will go back to school to get my nursing license. This is our plan, but God always has a fun way of surprising us!
Comments