A Day in the Life- Monday


Well, Donovan woke up early and headed out to meet a friend (John) to attempt fixing the Jeep. He ended up being gone from 9am-4pm with no luck. As it turns out-there is more than a quick fix problem going on. The radiator has a crack in it and the head gasket may be blown. So, we are down to one vehicle. This doesn't really affect us for the most part right now. We only have four people in our little family, so Donovan's 4 seat Jeep is just fine....until November :) I run a daycare, so the only times I have to use my car is in the event I have to go to the store or run an errand. This, of course, means that Donovan is already home. I am pretty confident we can make it work for now and slowly work on replacing the parts that are damaged. Good thing we have a couple friends who have amazing skillz when it comes to mechanics!

The kids and I woke up at 9. (Halynd had been up with Donovan for a little while, so she was already set with a drink and a snack watching Tangled) At their request, we ate some oatmeal and yogurt. Halynd is THE messiest eater I've ever seen. I want to take the fork from her and feed her myself so she doesn't make a disaster area while she's eating, but I indulge her-in hopes that she will learn appropriate table manners.



We basically stayed in the house all morning. It was pouring outside. The kids colored and drew random pictures. Malachi practiced writing his name. While I was doing the dishes, my darling daughter decided to tattoo her legs and palms. She used a mysteriously appearing pen and a blue highlighter. She is quite the artist and draws straight lines well. Especially in adornment of her thigh area. She managed to strip her clothes off while she was doing it, so for the that I was pretty thankful. She had a little bug last week which resulted in very loose pottying. So, after 11 nasty accidents-which involved cleaning the carpets and multiple baths for her-I decided to diaper her.


I turned on Gnomeo and Juliet for the kiddos, got them set up with a snack and a drink and set out to clean up the house. I managed to clean both kiddos rooms, both bathrooms, our bedroom, the kitchen and the living room all while the kids were watching the movie. I was excited to mop the entire house all at the same time without having to wait a couple hours in between. I also managed to clean the carpet cleaner, make a few phone calls and vacuum.


After this, I was beat and we were hungry! I fixed the kids their favorite-Peanut butter & Jelly with some fruit and yogurt. I made myself some dry ramen. (It's delicious!). After lunch, we cleaned up and I laid down the kids for a nap. Halynd slept from 1-2:15 and Chi fell asleep right before Haly woke up.

We read a thousand books (not really, but it felt like it) and played babies in Haly's room while Chi was snoozing. He managed to sleep until after Donovan got home at 4:30ish. He's always been a great napper! Halynd, however, is hit or miss with naptimes. She is a sensitive sleeper and is awakened easily. Chi sleeps through me vaccuuming, kids running around and the loudest of noises. Hopefully she'll work up to that ;)

When Donovan got home, we got ready and ran to Walmart to get a couple groceries. We swung by Eureka Pizza to grab one of their $3.99 deals for dinner. It was delicious! By the time we ate and cleaned up, it was time to head out for fireworks! We picked up a couple more pizza's for Donovan's family and made our way to Arvest Ballpark. We parked along side of the road and watched a great show. We weren't sure how Haly would handle it because she is terrified of the fireworks that have been going off in the neighborhood. She is convinced that they are dragons and that they are coming for her. We have no idea where she has thought of this, but she is actually quite scared. She saw the fireworks and realized that they were just pretty lights in the sky and not fighting dragons.









We ended our night pretty tired. After reading "Green Eggs & Ham" two times, Haly decided to read it herself. She fell asleep with the book on her face.


Comments

ashley said…
pictures are adorable :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought