A Day in the Life-Thursday


Baby Pax 19 weeks 4 days
*Disclaimer: I keep out (for the benefit of readers) any stories of puke, pee and poop. But, I can assure you-there are many interesting stories throughout the day. Especially with a handful of kids between the ages of 2 and 4!

The much anticipated date of 7/7/11 finally came! I woke up super excited because it was ultrasound day! My alarm went off at 7 and I got up to get ready for the day. This is what i woke up to....We need a King size bed!

Halynd was fast awake at 7:15. The first thing she says to me is not, "Good morning, Mama!" No, it's "I wanna p-butter samich and milk." I fixed her a 'samich' just in time for the daycare kiddos to arrive at 7:30. My kids could live off of peanut butter, ranch and milk.



Chi woke up at 8. He slept 11 glorious hours, so he woke up very happy. He always goes to the bathroom and then goes into his room to get dressed when he wakes up. I made eggs, toast & hashbrowns for breakfast. Chi actually ate all the eggs! He went through a weird stage where he didn't like-I think-the texture. I cleaned up breakfast and folded, put away, started another load of laundry.

The kids were anxious to go outside, so we spent a majority of the morning with bubbles, playing outside in the sand ridden sand box and played some soccer. We relaxed for a bit when we came inside and played in the kids' rooms. They have a way with toys. A room can be perfectly clean. Then, enter children. We are still working on the process of cleaning up one toy and moving on to another.

Lunch was a delicious tuna sandwich (my son despises tuna, but I still make it for him. He dips it in ranch :), carrots with ranch, applesauce and milk. After lunch, we cleaned up, had a potty break and laid down for a story. The kiddos had trouble falling asleep today. They were all out by 1:15 ish. Malachi did not take a nap again and it went pretty well. Until he decided it was time (at 2 o'clock mind you) to wake up his partner in crime-Joshua. Usually, the kids sleep until 3. Today, they were all awake at 2:00. It was an early pick up day, so it actually worked out just fine. Parents were here by 3 so I would have enough time to drop off my kiddos and head to my ultrasound appointment. Donovan's mom watched both kids for us. Donovan was out of town on a college tour with kids from the Boys and Girls Club, so he was trying to make it home before the appointment.

Unfortunately, he didn't make it! But the ultrasound technician made a DVD for free for us! She was very nice. I made sure to tell her ahead of time that we didn't want to find out if we were having a boy or girl, so she made me look away when measuring the leg bones. I almost looked once, but controlled myself and looked away so fast! It was so reassuring to see baby Pax and know he/she was okay. The technician said the baby was perfect :) Donovan made it the minute my ultrasound was over :(


I went home and picked up the kiddos. I made tater tot casserole for dinner. We love it! We just relaxed the rest of the night. I bathed the kids and put them both to bed because Donovan was at an all boys overnighter for the B&GC. After the kids were out, I snuggled into bed with the ipad and watched "The Diary of Anne Frank" and ate a mint chocolate chip klondike bar.

Comments

Tina said…
I love that you said "we love it!" regarding tater tot casserole. That has got to be one of my LEAST favorite dishes. haha!

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought