A Day in the Life-Tuesday


Tuesday-Back to work. Donovan was up and out of the house by the time I was waking up. He had to be at work by 7:30. I got out of bed at 7 and changed into some comfortable clothes. I had time to brush my teeth and hair before Haly got up at 7:15. Chi rolled out of bed at 8 and wanted some milk and cereal. I didn't have any daycare kiddos arrive until 9, so we just ate breakfast and chilled until then. Franklin and Dinosaur Train was our entertainment :)

While they were watching some toons, I worked out our new budget. Since Donovan just started a new job and there have been a few arrangements with my daycare, I had to rework our budget. I like having everything written down on paper. For some reason, knowing where every penny is assures me! I also made a list of what items we still need to purchase for Ms. Halynd's 2nd birthday at Chuck E. Cheese's this weekend. We had Chi's 2nd there and he loved it. We loved not having a cleanup! And Ms. Ball O'Energy is pretty excited about getting to play all the games, eat cake and play with her friends! I started a load of laundry and put away a load just in time.

After the kiddos all arrived, we worked on an alphabet lesson. I am a proud Momma-Chi can sing his ABC's and is working very hard on writing his whole name. He gets a little frustrated that his lines aren't perfectly straight. I don't know if he gets that from his Daddy or what...I'm not that obsessive ;) Chi is very artistic and is great at coloring realistically and in the lines. He loves to paint, draw and write. Halynd surprises me with her ability to sit for 5 minutes and color a picture. She is no where near coloring in the lines as of yet, but she does change colors and take her time "finishing" her picture.

We cleaned up, had a potty break and went out back to play. We opened up the play tunnels and enjoyed the comfy grass underneath! I am not sure if Bug chasing the cat through the tunnel or watching the kids crawling through the tunnel a hundred times was more enjoyable. They played a little baseball, dug in the dirt and attempted to scrape what sand is left in the sandbox (I told them not to dump it all over the yard, but alas, hardly any sand!).


Lunch time was much anticipated. I fixed up a spaghetti-ish Lasagna dish that I created. The kids love anything with pasta, cheese and sauce, so it was a winner! They love corn, grapes and bread and butter, too-so they were very happy with lunch.

Next on the schedule is naptime. We usually have lunch around 12:30 and try to be cleaned up and laid down-ready for a story-by 1:00. They are napping from 1-3 right now and that seems to work for everyone. This particular day, Donovan's parents came to pick up Chi after lunch. He was VERY excited about going with them. They went to the lake and swam for a couple hours. He ended up staying with them all day and didn't come home until after 10! He was exhausted but loved every minute with them. They are fantastic grandparents and treat Malachi and Halynd like a little prince and princess. They are a little spoiled, but that's what grandparents are for, right? ;)

After they woke up from their nap-at precisely 3-they enjoyed some goldfish and juice. Then they played in Malachi and Halynd's room for a little bit. They were very occupied with the giant blocks-building towers, carports and robots. We cleaned up and got ready for parents to come. All the kiddos were picked up by 5:15.

Donovan came home at 4ish and just relaxed for a little bit. He has been experiencing some kidney pain, so he's been trying to take it easy. We ate a simple dinner of leftover spaghetti and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I was supposed to bake a German Chocolate birthday cake for Donovan's brother, Davis, last week...but time got away from us! So, I mixed up the ingredients and we turned on some Owl City and cxvi and rocked out a bit while we licked the beaters. We took the finished cake to Donovan's brother and he was very happy.

We ran a few errands at Walmart, the bank and Academy Sports. Donovan's bike is being repaired at Academy and we were just checking on it. By this time, we were sure Chi was ready to come home, but he was not. We took Haly home and got her bathed and in her Jammies. She's been fighting some bug, so has been extra cranky and tired. Poor girl :( We tried to lay her down to sleep, but she was hysterical. She laid on Donovan's chest while we watched "America's Got Talent" and fell fast asleep.

We waited until Chi came home and got him ready for bed and settled for the night. He was very tired and crashed out pretty easy. After that-we hit the hay too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought