The decor bug
I've never really been a decorator. I enjoy art and love creating, but wasn't very bothered by the fact that I've lived in this home for 2 years, come September, and have hardly even a picture on the wall. Well, thanks to all the influence around me, that has changed! In my free time, I love to look at blogs and websites that are designed to help with decorating. I am developing a style and realizing how much clutter and unnecessary "things" we have. Now that I have my head on straight :) I have decided to begin giving our home some girly style.
I did buy a mirror to go above our dresser and was pretty excited. Not only did I get it on sale, but it was a step in the right direction!
Starting with the kids rooms. Depending on the sex of this little one due in November, we are going to revamp the kids rooms. Malachi has had a "cars" theme since he got a big boy bed and mommy is ready to give his room a little change. I found an adorable rocket ship themed bedding set at Target and Malachi agrees-it's pretty awesome! It is done in basic boyish colors of Navy blue, light blue, white, green and brown. Even if baby Pax turns out to be a girl (like I think), we are still going to do his room around Christmas time.
Halynd's room is pretty cute. I just found a crib set to match with her theme. When she moves into a twin bed (which won't be until she's 13 because she still weighs a mere 22 lbs!) we are making her room a bird theme. The color scheme is still the same and will match her decor-Pink, light pink, brown, light brown, green and light green. Her dressers are a light green color, so we are wanting to stick with that~
The next phase is to hang up some pictures and art work up in this joint! :) And then find a corner kitchen table for cheap that we can fix up. Kind of like this one...
Or more like this one...with dark wood!

I did buy a mirror to go above our dresser and was pretty excited. Not only did I get it on sale, but it was a step in the right direction!
Starting with the kids rooms. Depending on the sex of this little one due in November, we are going to revamp the kids rooms. Malachi has had a "cars" theme since he got a big boy bed and mommy is ready to give his room a little change. I found an adorable rocket ship themed bedding set at Target and Malachi agrees-it's pretty awesome! It is done in basic boyish colors of Navy blue, light blue, white, green and brown. Even if baby Pax turns out to be a girl (like I think), we are still going to do his room around Christmas time.
Halynd's room is pretty cute. I just found a crib set to match with her theme. When she moves into a twin bed (which won't be until she's 13 because she still weighs a mere 22 lbs!) we are making her room a bird theme. The color scheme is still the same and will match her decor-Pink, light pink, brown, light brown, green and light green. Her dressers are a light green color, so we are wanting to stick with that~
The next phase is to hang up some pictures and art work up in this joint! :) And then find a corner kitchen table for cheap that we can fix up. Kind of like this one...
Comments