5 years!

Donovan and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this Friday, the 26th. We were able to have a kid free weekend-thanks to his parents! We decided to go camping in Branson at the Wilderness. It was so fun! We left Friday evening at 6 and arrived in time to set up camp before dark. We were the only campers all weekend!

We went and saw "The Planet of the Apes" in an Imax theatre. It was both of our first experiences with an Imax and we were blown away. While we were waiting for the movie to start, we did a few calculations. Our house is about 1,500 sq. ft. The Imax screen was over 4,800 sq. ft. Our house could have fit on the screen 3 times over. That is insane! The monkeys were gigantic and the movie was pretty good :)

Saturday we decided to sleep in! We slept all the way until 7:30...a.m. Ha! I guess that's sleeping in for us now. After we went and ate breakfast-
We lounged around the campsite, went swimming, watched movies on the Ipad, read. We also got a little shopping at the outlets accomplished too. That night, we went and saw the New Shanghai Circus.
It. was. awesome. We were in awe the entire show trying to figure out how these people could maneuver their bodies in such ways. It was beautiful and exciting to watch! We ended the night with salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden-which was open until 11:00!

Sunday we slept in again! This time we did a little better. We were able to stay asleep until 8:45! This was quite a feat. I think we were a little extra tired. See, I had a couple dreams Saturday night. One reoccuring dream that woke us up in a panic 3 times. In my dream (which I thought I was awake)-there was a gigantic black and yellow spider descending down onto Donovan from the ceiling of the tent! I woke up two times screaming. Donovan, quite alarmed, freaked out too. From a dead sleep. I asked for the flash light and he obliged-knowing I was half asleep and crazed. I pointed the flash light to the ceiling....there was NO spider. This happened twice. The third time I woke up in a panic it was because there was a raccoon digging through our used water bottles and aluminum cans we had stored in a walmart bag. I shined the flashlight out at him to let him know I was on to his sneaky ways and he scurried off. After that-we slept like babies. We had some cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk for breakfast and just sat and enjoyed each other. We played some Area 51 where Donovan seriously handed it to me! He's a great shot :) Check out was 11 am, so we packed up, loaded up and headed out to do some more outlet shopping. There were some great deals. I would've spent A LOT of money had my hubby not kept me accountable. I'm talking OshKosh, Carter's, Disney, Gymboree, Children's Place...oh my!! We walked in and walked out without damage :) Disney store got a little of our business, as well as Pacsun, but that was it! We came home to our cuties and missed them a ton! They were happy to see us, but definitely in no hurry to come home. It was a great weekend.

Comments

Tina said…
sounds like the perfect weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought