Grace for the Good Girl
I have never really seen myself as hiding behind a mask. I have thought of myself as a transparent, open person. That was until I started reading a book. (Emily Freeman-"Grace for the Good Girl)
It's funny how you chase a dream.
I always look forward to tax season. We can tie a lot of loose ends, purchase items that we don't necessarily need but have been wanting, pay off debts. It's funny how when something comes up, such as a broken down car, it can alter those plans drastically. Even when tax season is still months away!
Being completely transparent, our family car has been broken down since the 4th of July. We have another car, but it so happens to be a Jeep Wrangler. It has 4 seats, a lift kit, the top can be removed and there is NO air conditioning. All these statements make me seem like a complete brat, but please, give me the benefit of the doubt this time. I am pregnant. Not that this is an excuse to complain-because it is not! But the months of July and August were cruel. It was HOT. Whenever we wanted to go somewhere as a family it has been painstakingly obnoxious. Having two doors on the Jeep is not easy with 2 carseats. Crawling up with the kids is difficult, as is buckling their seats. The days where it was not so hot were no big deal, but for a majority of the summer, the sun was blazing!
Not to say that I do not feel extremely blessed to have transportation, because I do, but it sure is difficult! Needless to say, we are in the market for another family car. We are afraid the damage to our Jeep Liberty will take much time, money and effort. Of which-we are lacking in the money area :) Slowly, God is opening doors and shaping us to realize where our money goes and what is important.
God blessed Donovan with an amazing new job a couple of months ago and this has proven to drastically change his income. I am blessed with the opportunity to stay home with my kiddos while still being able to contribute to the family income. So, we know what we are going through will be shaping us. In all seriousness, not having an extra "comfortable" car has been hard, but in the end. It's not going to matter. Yup, I said that. What's going to matter is taking care of our family. And God is providing for us to do that.
It's time to stop hiding behind the mask.
It's a dream chasing kind of mask.
The one that gets you disappointed with where you are at in life.
Where it seems life is mundane and days are planned out according to lunchtime, learning time, naptime, snacktime, dinnertime, bath time and bed time. The truth is-even if it is mundane-my kids won't be 2 and 3 for long-and it's my life right now. They will remember all those times where I took my time to invest in them-pray with them, read with them, play with them.
They won't care if they've had a bath or go to bed on time.
They don't care if they are riding in a Jeep Wrangler or a decked out minivan (you know, the ones with the tv's?)
They don't care if they are potty trained or not.
Jesus is slowly molding my heart. He's taught me to really appreciate my family and not focus so much on what is here on this earth. I'm finding extreme joy in Jesus and putting all my hope in him.
Instead of a broken down car.
Instead of finances.
Instead of my "dreams" of this earth.
It's funny how you chase a dream.
I always look forward to tax season. We can tie a lot of loose ends, purchase items that we don't necessarily need but have been wanting, pay off debts. It's funny how when something comes up, such as a broken down car, it can alter those plans drastically. Even when tax season is still months away!
Being completely transparent, our family car has been broken down since the 4th of July. We have another car, but it so happens to be a Jeep Wrangler. It has 4 seats, a lift kit, the top can be removed and there is NO air conditioning. All these statements make me seem like a complete brat, but please, give me the benefit of the doubt this time. I am pregnant. Not that this is an excuse to complain-because it is not! But the months of July and August were cruel. It was HOT. Whenever we wanted to go somewhere as a family it has been painstakingly obnoxious. Having two doors on the Jeep is not easy with 2 carseats. Crawling up with the kids is difficult, as is buckling their seats. The days where it was not so hot were no big deal, but for a majority of the summer, the sun was blazing!
Not to say that I do not feel extremely blessed to have transportation, because I do, but it sure is difficult! Needless to say, we are in the market for another family car. We are afraid the damage to our Jeep Liberty will take much time, money and effort. Of which-we are lacking in the money area :) Slowly, God is opening doors and shaping us to realize where our money goes and what is important.
God blessed Donovan with an amazing new job a couple of months ago and this has proven to drastically change his income. I am blessed with the opportunity to stay home with my kiddos while still being able to contribute to the family income. So, we know what we are going through will be shaping us. In all seriousness, not having an extra "comfortable" car has been hard, but in the end. It's not going to matter. Yup, I said that. What's going to matter is taking care of our family. And God is providing for us to do that.
It's time to stop hiding behind the mask.
It's a dream chasing kind of mask.
The one that gets you disappointed with where you are at in life.
Where it seems life is mundane and days are planned out according to lunchtime, learning time, naptime, snacktime, dinnertime, bath time and bed time. The truth is-even if it is mundane-my kids won't be 2 and 3 for long-and it's my life right now. They will remember all those times where I took my time to invest in them-pray with them, read with them, play with them.
They won't care if they've had a bath or go to bed on time.
They don't care if they are riding in a Jeep Wrangler or a decked out minivan (you know, the ones with the tv's?)
They don't care if they are potty trained or not.
Jesus is slowly molding my heart. He's taught me to really appreciate my family and not focus so much on what is here on this earth. I'm finding extreme joy in Jesus and putting all my hope in him.
Instead of a broken down car.
Instead of finances.
Instead of my "dreams" of this earth.
Comments