36 weeks and a Sick Weekend
36 weeks!
Pregnancy Highlights:
Size of Baby Pax: About the size of a crenshaw melon (a big cantaloupe type fruit). Weighs about 5.75 lbs and measures about 18.75 inches.
Maternity clothes: All long shirts and maternity bottoms (or comfy yoga pants)
Gender: Didn't find out! But want to know so I can wash baby clothes!!!
Names: Girl- Paxley Joy Anna Golden
Boy- Paxton John Calvin Golden
Getting Ready:
- Stock up on Newborn-Size 2 diapers.
- Purchase a dresser for the baby!
- Make "Pax" beanie for hospital.
- Wash all baby clothes-girl and boy!
- Making an outfit for baby! Says Pax down the side :)
Movement: Movement has decreased a little. I know there's not very much room in there :)
Sleeping: I am waking up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom.
What I miss: Putting on my own shoes :)
Cravings: Just food.
Symptoms: Acid reflux and heartburn. Hungry! Intense braxton hicks!
Weight Gained: Gained 32 pounds. Haven't gained any weight in 2 weeks. I actually lost a pound!
Baby's expected birthday: November 21, 2011
Next Dr. Appt.: Thursday, October 27 @9:00
Sick weekend!
Sick weekend!
Since Thursday of last week, our house was attacked by some viruses! The strange part is, they were mostly different. Not only were the daycare kiddos sick, but my two were sick as well! Malachi started us off on Thursday by running a high fever of 102 and just not feeling good at all. We got him to the clinic that morning and got him on some antibiotics (Cedax). He was diagnosed with a bad cold/infection. One of the daycare kiddos had a sinus infection, a couple others had colds. Halynd woke up Saturday with a low grade fever, so I took her into the clinic around 2 and she was placed on antibiotics as well-Supra (some penicillin drug). She was diagnosed with an Upper Respiratory Infection. By Saturday evening, despite the Tylenol and Motrin rotations, she was doing horribly. We kept a close eye on her. She woke up at 1 am with a 105.3 degree fever, was shaking and could hardly breath. We took her into the E.R. and they saw her immediately. By the time we were seen from when she woke up (I had given her more Tylenol), her fever was down to 102. The doctor listened to her chest and determined her cold had turned into bronchitis. He just said to continue her antibiotic and rotating pain relievers. She did very poorly the rest of the night and Sunday. Yesterday, we had a day of rest where the daycare kiddos stayed home. Malachi is almost completely better. He is still coughing up mucous occasionally and Halynd is not running a fever anymore. Her voice was pretty much gone because of her trouble with breathing for two days. She sounded like a little mouse and could hardly talk. She was coughing up liquid that looked just like water and had a lot of flem in it.
Today, they are both doing great! I didn't have to give Halynd any Tylenol all night long! The daycare kiddos are on the mend too. I hate when they are sick and there's nothing I can do but hold them and rub their backs. My kids handle being sick so strangely. They act like total boogers. I knew something was up last week when they were both disobeying, talking back, hitting each other, fighting, not listening, not being reasonable! I'm glad they are almost back to normal.
We were blessed with a baby shower this Saturday. It was a great time with friends celebrating the birth of this little baby. The food was wonderful, the decorations were adorable and the time we were all able to spend together was so much fun! The generous support and love from these families was amazing. Pictures to come soon.
Today, they are both doing great! I didn't have to give Halynd any Tylenol all night long! The daycare kiddos are on the mend too. I hate when they are sick and there's nothing I can do but hold them and rub their backs. My kids handle being sick so strangely. They act like total boogers. I knew something was up last week when they were both disobeying, talking back, hitting each other, fighting, not listening, not being reasonable! I'm glad they are almost back to normal.
We were blessed with a baby shower this Saturday. It was a great time with friends celebrating the birth of this little baby. The food was wonderful, the decorations were adorable and the time we were all able to spend together was so much fun! The generous support and love from these families was amazing. Pictures to come soon.

Comments