Meal Planning

I sit down once a week and plan meals. My ultimate dream in meal planning world is to do a monthly meal plan and just shop for perishables weekly (bread, milk, fruit, fresh veggies). BUT for now, I do it weekly :) It works out alright because coupons expire so fast nowadays. I have a new plan to make what we are having for dinner for lunch! We always have at least half of what I make left over after dinner & I'm the only one that eats leftovers! And I wanted to save some money-so we will give this a try! I will have a sandwich, veggie chips and fruit for lunch or a salad and offer that to the kids as well so they aren't overwhelmed with two dinners :) We have small group Tuesdays and dinner is usually provided by a volunteer :)

This is our menu for the week:
Monday-
  • Breakfast-Monkey Pancakes with a banana & milk.
  • Lunch/Dinner- Taco salad with black beans and corn.
Tuesday-
  • Breakfast-Smoothies with granola & milk.
  • Lunch- Turkey dog mummies, fruit salad and mixed veggies.
Wednesday-
  • Breakfast-Eggs in a nest, apple slices & milk.
  • Lunch/Dinner-Crock pot beef stroganoff, salad, golden raspberries.
Thursday-
  • Breakfast-French toast sticks, grapes & milk.
  • Lunch/Dinner-Roasted Rosemary Pork, homemade Parmesan fries and fresh green beans.
Friday-
  • Breakfast-Honeynut Cheerios, strawberries & milk.
  • Lunch/Dinner-Bruschetta chicken bake, broccoli, salad & garlic bread.
There are a couple fun breakfast recipes that we will be trying out in the next few weeks. I love looking for new recipes or new ways to make the same old dish. A couple fun ones I'm looking forward to are: Rainbow Waffles & Peanut butter and banana wraps. Some fun lunch ideas I can't wait to make: Hotdog spaghetti & Octopus hotdogs. There are so many fun snack ideas out there too. I love pinterest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought