Paxton John Calvin Golden
What a big name for such a little dude!
On Monday, November 21, 2011, the beginning of our 40th week, we went in for our scheduled c-section. We didn't have to be there until 10 am, so that worked out perfectly. We were able to get up late and finish last minute cleaning, spend some quality time with the kiddos and head to the hospital early.
We arrived and were sent up to the fifth floor, labor and delivery. The nursery was empty as we strolled by and headed to room 526. Donovan was cool as a cucumber, but I was very antsy and scared about the procedure. I was still in high spirits as they hooked up my I.V. and gave me medicine to ensure I wouldn't drown in vomit-if my stomach decided during surgery to do so. I reached a point, though, where I didn't want to talk and was very anxious and scared. It's a point where I feel like I can't go through with the surgery and just want to unhook everything and run away. I didn't have much time to feel like this because before I knew it, they were wheeling me back to the operating room and starting my spinal block.
The surgery went very well. It started a little after 12 and Paxton was born at 12:21 pm. They let Donovan take great pictures of him being born and announce whether he was a boy or girl.

I thought it would've been a much more gruesome scene, but the doctors really clean up after themselves! He was a little lethargic when he was born, so the nurses took him to the nursery to get all cleaned up. My surgery was complete around 1:05 and I returned to the room. Paxton joined us around 3:00.

He sure is beautiful! 7lbs 11 oz. & 20 inches long.
Comments