Pumpkin patch fun
This past Saturday we were able to venture out to Farmland Adventures with the Metro families. I had never been there, but was told that it was worth driving out to. There were fun activities for the kiddos. We went through a mini corn maze that only took about 15 minutes, there was a real tractor hay ride, a pumpkin patch-where pumpkins grew freely and the kids could pick which was theirs, a corn box (Which Halynd loved), a petting zoo, pony rides and a bonfire (although, we did not stay for this...). The kids enjoyed themselves and I loved watching them experience feeding goats for the first time.I really think we should have a farm or something like that. Both of my kids adore animals and think they are just "SO tute (cute)". At one point, Haly was trying to hug a goat through the fence and I had to stop her because it looked like the poor goats eyes were going to pop out of her head.




As a side note-props to all you mommies out there with two or more kiddos. I took this task on my own. The combination of two kids and being very pregnant--without the hubby--was rather difficult! While one wanted to look at the pumpkins out in the back nine of the patch, the other wanted to pet a cat. While both wanted to ride ponies, I had to rely on the worker to hold one kid on the pony, while I held the other. While one wanted to pet the goats, the other one was enthralled with the baby piglets. By the time we left, I was ready for a nice warm bath and bed! Let's just say that Walmart is a trip to the park compared to going somewhere like this! In all, the kids had a great time, the weather was beautiful and we were all ready to see daddy!
Comments