Contentment

I am watching the neighbor next door. She's pruning her bushes, pulling weeds, arranging a few things in her yard. She finishes, cleans up, and heads inside in about 10 minutes. I can't help but to think about how long it would take me to do that same task! It's funny how I long for quiet or a nap some days, but because of the constant chaos, fulfilling those wants are few and far between. I wouldn't want to trade what I do for any amount of anything. I'm teaching my little girl how to be a mommy, my baby how to crawl and my big boy how to respect his friends. I have the blessing of loving on other kids while their parents are working. The job that I do is so important, I realize this, but that doesn't mean I don't get caught up in wishing they were older. I get caught up in these romantic ideas-not just with my children, but in everyday life. Somewhere along the way, through three kids, marriage and everything else- I have lost my contentment. I have lost that carefree way to life and chill attitude. I have this constant burden like I am always being scrutinized and that I need to constantly be doing something. I'm missing out on fun with my family because I am always on the go and can't just chill for a sec. I'm working hard at unplugging, or putting down the broom and finding ways to enjoy our little family. Any fun suggestions of things to do in the area this summer??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought