Fathers day!

I just want to brag a little on my hubby. We are at a point in life where we are insanely busy. I'm talking-busy enough to just live each day without always looking too far ahead. We know we have certain plans on specific days of the week, but mostly just roll with whatever work event, church event, dinner meeting or school work we may have planned for the day. With that said, Donovan still makes it a point to spend quality time with our kiddos. Obviously he needs some down time every so often, but for the most part, when he's home-his heart is here too.

He usually puts his little girl to bed (unless the rare occasion she asks for me). He plays with the kids, is loud with them and scares them (a fun game they like to play). He takes them out for donuts and dates. He reads to them and makes up fun stories. He's not afraid to call them out and discipline them.

He does all these things that are important-but MOST importantly, he is an example of Christ to them, to me. He loves them fiercely. He protects their minds and hearts. He shows them what the love and grace of Jesus looks like. I admire him for so many things- his daddy skillz are by far unmatchable. I am confident our kiddos will grow up knowing how much he loves them, how much he loves their momma and how much he loves God.

Just when you think you can't love your husband anymore-you have a little piece of him walking around even when he's not here in your kiddos. He is evident in Malachi and his tender heart. He is evident in Halynd in her beautiful full eyelashes and sweet face. He is even evident in Paxton at 6 months old with his matching hands.

Donovan, I never could have dreamed of the man you are and the daddy you are to our kids. You are so devoted and do not take your responsibility of being their father lightly. Even though you are the king of chocolate milk & the leader of all the loud crazy games, you are always concerned with the condition of their hearts and minds. You are incredible. I love you. Happy 5th Fathers Day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love reading your posts, Meg. Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. You have no idea how much that means to me...

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought