Satan and lies

Whenever I think of Satan, I do not think of what he does well. I will not use the word good here because Satan is the furthest from good you can go. He is fantastic at causing human emotions to go haywire. Lately, I've been manipulated without even realizing it. I have felt unimportant & insignificant. While its obvious that I will not be important or significant to very many people on this earth, it's imperative to realize that there is a God who loves every part of me. A God who has died for me and doesn't see my ugliness, who loves me despite my sin.

At the end of the day, I am realizing how hard it is to stay above the water. Treading gets difficult and often, I sink below the surface. Although its easier to be under the water and not fight to stay up, eventually-I just need fresh air. Treading is worth the fight for air. Going through bad experiences in life that cause great emotion to take over-it gets exhausting and eventually turning back to Jesus is the only thing that keeps me going. He offers that fresh air.

Comments

ashley said…
I've been feeling the same way for awhile. I'm finally starting to come out of it. You are right, turning to Jesus offers us refreshment!
Anonymous said…
Good stuff babe!

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought