Thinking
Community group last night cleared something up for me that has been clouding my mind. Everything seems out of balance in life if there is not a focal point of which life surrounds. When we lose our way and wander from Christ, everything else seems to lose gravity as well. What seemed clear before, may not seem clear anymore. Realizing this, I know there are changes that I need to make. Those changes are not going to be easy. Let's face it-usually when other things have taken precedence over reading scripture, praying and quiet time-it's hard to break those habits. For me, "sleeping in" (until 7 am or if my kids wake up before) is my biggest road block from my relationship with Christ. My excuse is always that I just don't have time, but what I'm really saying is that I'd rather fill my time when my kids are asleep with tv and sleep. A sad truth.
I am hoping to get to a point where I am filled by the spirit and crave reading the scriptures and studying. Right now, I'm just not there yet.
I am hoping to get to a point where I am filled by the spirit and crave reading the scriptures and studying. Right now, I'm just not there yet.
Comments