Here comes the holidays

I love Fall! The smell of wet leaves on the ground, the cool, fresh air, the beautiful colors, the mild weather. Mostly, I love that this season kicks off the holidays. I made a wreath the other day for the front door, and it matches the yellow door great!

With Halloween happening next Wednesday, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it. I have already begun to think about what presents to get the kids. Donovan and I have decided that they will each get 4 presents this year. We are following the 4 things guideline, and starting a new tradition for the kiddos.
•want, need, wear, read.

It's easy for me to go overboard with presents for the kids. I know that there are certain toys that would be so much fun for them, but they have so many toys already-it's difficult to justify purchasing anything else. So, I sat down with them an talked about one thing they would really like to get for Christmas-Malachi was sure on his Imaginext castle, but Halynd is unsure.

It seems the kids grew over night. While Halynd was 26 lbs for over a year, she has all the sudden shot up and is finally wearing all 3T clothes. Malachi is wearing all 5 sized clothes! While it is awesome that they have grown, they don't have very many clothes to compensate their growth. So, I know they will be getting a couple outfits and pajamas.

I love shopping at the consignment stores for the kids. I find such cute stuff there. My favorite kids clothes places are Children's Place, Gymboree (and Crazy 8), Gap, Old Navy and Target. I have found great deals recently on jeans for Halynd. I bought two pairs of jeans from the consignment shop from Gap and Children's Place for $4.99/ pair and they still had tags on them. Love good deals! There's just something so fun about shopping for my kids.

I have been looking into what books to get the kids. I want to be intentional about what messages they read, as they are heavily influenced by what they see and hear-especially in books. Oprah has a list for children ages 3-5 that is worth checking out.

I'm praying for my family on the East Coast this weekend. Hoping they do not get hit with this Hurricane Sandy as hard as what is projected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought