25 things

25 things about me 2012:

1.) I like sleeping on top of the sheets, but under the comforter. It drives Donovan crazy.
2.) I hate sleeping with socks on.
3.) I love watching animal planet-Animal Cops is my fav show on there. I know, I'm weird.
4.) I love reading and watching love stories. (That aren't filled with crap, rather a more "real" picture of love).
5.) I like the twilight series, but didn't even get into it until the 2nd movie (new moon).
6.) I love cooking, and have to limit myself to 2-3 new recipes a week.
7.) Pinterest is probably my favorite website.
8.) I love crafting, but rarely have time.
9.) I still think about my Nanny everyday. Often forgetting she's not here anymore.
10.) I am dying (a tad dramatic, I know) to play soccer!
11.) I want to be an elementary school teacher when my kiddos are all in school.
12.) I have an Associate of Arts degree and am almost finished with my Bachelors. (I just recently realized how much I love teaching)
13.) I think sugar is my favorite food. Although, I will usually try anything and rarely meet a recipe I don't like.
14.) I love singing. I don't think I could ever sing publicly because I have MAJOR stage issues.
15.) I desire to be fit and eat healthy.
16.) I would love to learn to play piano.
17.) I love to read a good book.
18.) I'm determined to decorate our home. (Everywhere we've lived since we've been married hasn't even had pictures on the walls)
19.) My mom, my sister and I are the best of friends. I wish we lived closer.
20.) I've officially lived out of Baltimore the same amount of time I lived there. Although I've been in Oregon, Missouri and Arkansas since then-I still feel that Baltimore is my home and feel a deep connection there.
21.) I like rap music. Like a lot.
22.) I've realized that I often am thinking about what I am going to say before someone finishes talking. I am working on that.
23.) I am working hard to be a better wife, mother, sister and friend. Only through Jesus.
24.) Jesus is enough. Friendships have come and gone-yet Jesus stays the same. He is constant. I need consistency.
25.) I've had a terrible bout of loneliness in 2012. But realizing that I need to take this time to focus more on Jesus, I know in Him, He is the ultimate comforter and friend.

2012 has been a crazy year. There have been many trials and hard situations. I have grown so much. I have also realized that there are so many areas where I need to work on. It's funny how everything can seem so perfect, but one little detail can be altered that can completely change who you are and your outlook on life.

I am a cyclical thinker-I see January as the beginning of the year in a matter of December wrapping up 2012. Whereas some see time as a straight, linear process, I tend to be distracted and begin again anew in January-at the top of the list.

He makes beautiful things, He makes beautiful things out of dust. He makes beautiful things out of us. Pretty amazing.

We bought our tree today for Christmas. I am so excited for this time of year. We are starting Advent traditions with the kids. We will begin with fruit to represent the sin of Adam and Eve! I love that the kids will be exposed to the Gospel through the decorating the tree process. I pray they understand the depth of what we'll be presenting to them!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought