Day 10

When I was younger, I always dreamed of what it would be like to have little ones, specifically a little girl. I pictured us taking shopping trips together, me doing her hair and make up, painting our nails together, watching sappy movies together...you get the point-anything girly. I found out I was pregnant with a little girl in March of 2009. I cannot even describe the feelings that I felt. At first, I was worried since I only had a little boy and feared I wouldn't know how to take care of a little girl.

She has been a whirlwind ever since she was born. First by emergency c section, she fooled us until she was about 1 with her calmness. While she is no where close to calm now, she has many qualities that I just love about her.

She is really funny. She had to of picked up on my sarcasm and sense of humor early on. She just loves to make people laugh-by making a funny face, saying something off the wall, or by just acting crazy. She has developed (and is developing) into such a sweet girl.

I am SO looking forward to being girly with her, as we are surrounded by boys here. While there are hints of those times, right now mainly consists of instruction and redirection. And that's okay! I so look forward to singing to her and rubbing her belly while she's going to sleep or comforting her when she needs to cuddle. For now, I will embrace Ms. Sassypants. I am so thankful for my daughter. Today and everyday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought