Day 6
The Bible is explicitly clear: we will face trials. James 1:2 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds". Many people have the false belief that once you become a Christian, all the trouble goes away. That is the furthest thing from the truth.
What is true is that my relationship with Christ gives me hope. Without Christ, there is no hope. I know there will be many trials I am faced with because we live in a fallen, sinful world. This world is full of sickness, death, malice, anger, hate....Jesus paid for all those sins with His blood.
Without the trials I have faced, I would most definitely not be who I am today. I am more loving, stronger, more forgiving, more merciful, gentler, and more understanding-because I've been there too. For whatever reason, God, in His infinite wisdom and mercy, has allowed me to endure trials of many different kinds. He has used them to shape me into the person I am now and will use trials to develop the person He wants me to be. I am alive, free from sin and will praise God everyday for His glory. There lies the joy of my heart.
What is true is that my relationship with Christ gives me hope. Without Christ, there is no hope. I know there will be many trials I am faced with because we live in a fallen, sinful world. This world is full of sickness, death, malice, anger, hate....Jesus paid for all those sins with His blood.
Without the trials I have faced, I would most definitely not be who I am today. I am more loving, stronger, more forgiving, more merciful, gentler, and more understanding-because I've been there too. For whatever reason, God, in His infinite wisdom and mercy, has allowed me to endure trials of many different kinds. He has used them to shape me into the person I am now and will use trials to develop the person He wants me to be. I am alive, free from sin and will praise God everyday for His glory. There lies the joy of my heart.

Comments