It's been a while

In the history of my blogging adventure of trying to keep tabs on our journey through life, I have not gone 10ish months without taking the time to jot down the eb and flow of the Golden clan. 

It seems as though when I thought our life couldn't get busier-it did! And I lost track of a lot. I can't count how many times I have lost track of the last day I took a shower was. Or ate breakfast. Or got dressed for the day (that wasn't for church). Or hung out with a friend solo. Through the chaos of the various events and activities that have been our companions this year, I have lost track of a lot. 

I caught myself saying "I feel like I am just making it through the day" way too often. Being a wife, a mom, a student, a referee, a friend, a care taker...so here we are. We are entering a new season of life. We still have three small children, but they are getting older and more independent by the day. We still have a lot of responsibilities to juggle. We are still trying to find that balance between getting stuff done and enjoying life & each other through the day.

The most monumental change thus far in our marriage? For the first time in forever (maybe I've watched Frozen one too many times...) we are both out of school. We have accomplished the goals we set out to. At this point-my face is forward and I never want to go back...but that might change once all my kids are in school! And Donovan? He has amazed me. I knew he was determined, strong, focused, but I didn't see him accomplishing all he has in his education, careers, ministry-in such a short period of time. While he has only been finished for a mere couple of weeks, we both feel as though we are missing something. There is this gut wrenching feeling, as though we have assignments to turn in, but we really don't. We are beginning to reconnect as a couple, and as a family. We are able to focus more on the adoption. 

This year has been a whirlwind! I can't wait to see what's in store for our little family this next year. I wonder if we will finally meet Izzy and get to bring her home. Until then, in our hearts is where she will remain. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Meghan, this made me so happy to read! I am so excited for you and Donovan. What incredible accomplishments, and what a joy that you are moving into this season of reconnecting!

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought