Christmas
As an adult, Christmas is SO different! This year, at 27, it really hit me hard in the gut that we celebrate Christmas to remember Jesus coming to earth as a baby. His birthday. It seems so strange to gift each other presents when I think about it. But it's so much fun! I love thinking of unique gifts to get friends and family to show them I am thinking about them. There's something so satisfying and sweet seeing the excitement in your children's eyes when they open that gift they really wanted.
While there are things on my imaginary Christmas list, it is no longer important to me to get the things I want or ask for. I think that is because the things I desire most cannot be bought or made!
I really would like to start encouraging our kiddos to think more about others around Christmastime, and to be thankful for what they receive and not want more. To focus on the fact that we celebrate Christmas because that is the day we remember that Jesus came to earth as a baby.

Comments