The burn
While one of my kids was peeling an orange today, they started to whine and complain that it hurt their fingers. The juice was seeping into the little places where skin was around their cuticles, causing a burning feeling. Acid in a cut. When I advised for them to either stop peeling the Orange and wait for help, or to keep peeling, but stop complaining-they replied that the Orange was just so yummy that they didn't want to stop. As if the pain was worth it.
This just reminded me of my relationship with Christ. On this day as we celebrate his birthday.
So often I am faced with that yummy orange situation, and I am impatient in waiting for help. I am warned by the burning in my cuticles, but keep going because I want to eat that orange. And I complain and whine when I am burned.
So many times God has prompted in my heart to be patient and wait for help, for his help. I am too impatient or stubborn to listen! I pray that I remember to listen to God and be willing to wait. Especially when it burns. And when I stumble and do not listen (because-lets face it-I will), I don't whine and complain to God about it.

Comments