Savoring these moments with you
At this point in my life-I am realizing I will never have it all figured out. Throughout my days, I have plenty of time to think (although my thinking may sometimes be over powered by a certain crying toddler or his demands). As I peel Doc McStuffins stickers off the tile floor, vacuum dry oatmeal that was spilled in the couch, and wash the sheets that were strewn down the hallway instead of put into the dirty laundry. As I pick up that kitchen towel that was knocked off the stove (for the 109th time today), clean a potty seat that was used, or load up the dishwasher (again), or reheat my precious coffee for the 3rd time of the day-I do not take this time I have at home in vain. I realize in just a couple short years my toddler will be 5. He will be in school all day like his brother and sister. I won't have the opportunities with him then like I do now. He is already on to the fact that school is pretty awesome. His new saying is, "When I'm 5, I get to go to school, right,". As he searches for that reassurance that he will embark on the journey his siblings have. I am cherishing those moments at home with him. The strange mom that enjoys having her kids close and under her wing-that's me. And I'm ok with that. I am so looking forward to the adventures we will have this summer.



Comments