Those purple lines
I may never arrive at having it all figured out, but I don't want to-I want to grow through it all. Just when I feel I have a handle on life, a curve ball is thrown and I am pushed off the mound. Some days, it is difficult to sit back and try to understand the plans God has for your life. It's a guessing game of am I ever just going to "get" what is going on today or tomorrow or ten years from now. Oh, how certain events lead up to an uncertain future.
Sometimes I literally look up to the sky as if He were to be physically staring back at me- deep into my eyes- and I question, "Why?" It's as if I lose sight of God in these situations, when in reality-He is all over them.
Isaiah 40:28
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.He does not grow faint or weary as I do. I pray that I can praise Him in the curve balls. Nothing surprises him, as it surprises me. We can make our plans, but sometimes-they are not God's plans. Sometimes He says "maybe later", or "not right now". Sometimes there is a flame in our hearts that is kept at bay so not to cause a wild fire in our lives.
Two faded purple lines can create such a burning love in your heart, but a lack of understanding for the future. My immediate response is, "Now? What? Why? This is not my plan. This is not our plan. We just saw our daughters face for the first time yesterday."..but maybe she isn't our daughter after all.
Comments