Huxley is 1


On November 9th, Huxley Thane turned 1! I can't believe it's been a whole 12 months with this guy.

He is:
--> 23 lbs, 30.5 inches

--> Wearing size 5 diaper, size 6 shoe, and 18-24 month clothes (more so 24 months)

--> Sleeps from 7-7ish. Cut down from 2 naps to one long nap 10-1:30ish. One of the biggest things I have learned from this fourth child is that just because a method worked well for the other three, he will not be tamed. He marches to the beat of his own drum and we have had to go with the flow and adapt to how he operates. Once I was more flexible with his sleeping habits and stuck with "sleep training", he has slept much better. I didn't think I was ever going to sleep again. Never took a pacifier, but does love his "night night", so he calls his blanket.

--> His best friend & first little girlfriend is Coco Knapp. He loves to give her hugs when he hasn't seen her for a few days. He has also had quite an excitement when he sees his friend in the church nursery, August Munneke. Hux man is very affectionate and will hand out high fives, hugs, and kisses (usually) when asked (or not asked).

--> Loves to eat anything! His favorites are any fruit or vegetable. Bananas and oranges tend to give him a bad citrus rash, but he loves them anyways. Calmoseptine works wonders! Also had no issues switching to a sippy cup or milk.

--> He has been to the doctor in his 12 months more than any child combined. Ear infections, bronchitis, colds. Luckily, it hasn't been anything serious. He got tubes in July and hasn't quite struggled with ear infections as much. He does tend to get pretty sick after he gets his immunizations, so we are wondering if we will do his 15 month shots!

--> He enjoys being outside any time.

--> Quite the chatter box, this one. As I recall, he is the most vocal one of our kiddos. He says Dada, Mama, Chi chi (or bubba), Ball, Nigh nigh (night night), more, Baba (cup), NO, Hiiiii (with a southern twang), Bye bye, Papa, Ya ooo (Love you), vrrrrrroommm (playing with cars).

Huxley Thane! You are so sweet and so energetic. We often call you a tornado or a natural disaster, because you leave a trail of mess wherever you go. I love watching your mind when you are figuring out how something works. You are so full of life. I love learning all about what makes you, you. I can't believe you are a full on toddler now-walking and talking. I am so thankful to be your mama, sweet boy. Looking forward to seeing how to grow in this next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought