Anniversary Getaway
Last weekend, we were able to leave the kiddos with Donovan's parents and go to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo! We left early Saturday morning around 7 am while the kiddos were still snoozing and headed to the outlet malls. We couldn't check into the hotel until 3 pm, so we had to fill some time before the park opened at 10 am. After some successful shopping I joined the trend of "skinny jeans" at the request of my husband. He said he was going to pick out my clothes from now on. I guess I don't dress "hip or cool" enough for him :) I felt claustrophobic just putting the pants on. I can't imagine how it's going to be to actually wear them longer than 3 minutes. I just kept telling myself that I would get used to it. I remember trying on my first pair of flare jeans in the 6th grade. The way they didn't hug your ankles was strange, but I was determined to be just like all the other girls in 6th grade. So, now that the old look of skinny jeans is the new look, I am determined to give that a go. Only this time it's not because it's a fashion trend. It's because my husband said so. Haha.
We went to Silver Dollar City around 12 pm and stayed there until about 5 pm that evening. Its so funny how when you are away from your kids, all you do is think about what they are doing and if they are having fun or behaving. Every shop we looked in, I saw something that I just knew chi or haly would like. After leaving the park, we went to our hotel to check in. It.was.awesome! There was a jacuzzi in the room! We were able to take a much needed hour and half nap, but woke up in time to catch the Showboat at 8 pm for dinner. That was such a fun experience. We had Chicken Marcella and pot roast with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, salad and bread. Desert was extra scrumptious, raspberry cheesecake! After we ate, we were able to roam around the boat for about 30 minutes and see the view from the top floor. It was awesome to see how beautiful the water was with the moon light with the stars and the ships sailing by.





I was pretty much freaking out by this point. I had to psych myself up for the actual boat ride. I thought that we would go onto the boat to eat dinner and watch a show, but that it would be docked. Nope, the boat would be sailing it's big self through the vast waters of Beaver Lake while we carelessly ate dinner and laughed at the comedy routine. Meanwhile, down on the lake floor....who knows what's going on down there!!! If anyone knows me well, they know I am a waterphobic. Not all water, of course. Just the water that is hundreds of feet deep that you are floating on and can't see the bottom. No, not bathtub deep. Or even clear lake water deep. But, so deep that you start to tingle and feel a little woozy at the thought of sailing with a hundred people on a little boat that could capsize at any minute. I think the Titanic ruined me. I don't think I'll ever be able to go on a cruise. I just about lost it with a dinner show. In all, it was amazing, and I plan on doing it again some time soon. Maybe for a certain 5 year celebration :)
After the Showboat docked and the shock of the experience wore off, we went towards the hotel. Donovan realized that the trifecta of Hannah's Mirrors, Castle of Chaos and the Wax Museum was open until 12 am! We turned off and visited for a little while and met some pretty interesting people along the way.





We got back to the hotel and crashed. We woke up and had breakfast on the 9th floor. I have never been to a hotel where the food services were on any other floor but the lobby. The view was beautiful! After breakfast, we packed up and returned to the park for some more fun. We were able to visit the Marvel Cave. It was so much fun!
After the cave, we went on some more rides, but were so pooped from all the fun stuff we got to do in 2 days that we headed home early. It was a great trip and much needed time with the hubs. We were able to just chill together, have fun together and have lots of uninterrupted conversations. So blessed to be with this man I can call my husband. He is an awesome husband full of love, support and happiness. He leads our family, provides for our family and cherishes us with his actions. So thankful to celebrate 4 years with this guy. August 26, 2006.
We went to Silver Dollar City around 12 pm and stayed there until about 5 pm that evening. Its so funny how when you are away from your kids, all you do is think about what they are doing and if they are having fun or behaving. Every shop we looked in, I saw something that I just knew chi or haly would like. After leaving the park, we went to our hotel to check in. It.was.awesome! There was a jacuzzi in the room! We were able to take a much needed hour and half nap, but woke up in time to catch the Showboat at 8 pm for dinner. That was such a fun experience. We had Chicken Marcella and pot roast with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, salad and bread. Desert was extra scrumptious, raspberry cheesecake! After we ate, we were able to roam around the boat for about 30 minutes and see the view from the top floor. It was awesome to see how beautiful the water was with the moon light with the stars and the ships sailing by.





I was pretty much freaking out by this point. I had to psych myself up for the actual boat ride. I thought that we would go onto the boat to eat dinner and watch a show, but that it would be docked. Nope, the boat would be sailing it's big self through the vast waters of Beaver Lake while we carelessly ate dinner and laughed at the comedy routine. Meanwhile, down on the lake floor....who knows what's going on down there!!! If anyone knows me well, they know I am a waterphobic. Not all water, of course. Just the water that is hundreds of feet deep that you are floating on and can't see the bottom. No, not bathtub deep. Or even clear lake water deep. But, so deep that you start to tingle and feel a little woozy at the thought of sailing with a hundred people on a little boat that could capsize at any minute. I think the Titanic ruined me. I don't think I'll ever be able to go on a cruise. I just about lost it with a dinner show. In all, it was amazing, and I plan on doing it again some time soon. Maybe for a certain 5 year celebration :)
After the Showboat docked and the shock of the experience wore off, we went towards the hotel. Donovan realized that the trifecta of Hannah's Mirrors, Castle of Chaos and the Wax Museum was open until 12 am! We turned off and visited for a little while and met some pretty interesting people along the way.





We got back to the hotel and crashed. We woke up and had breakfast on the 9th floor. I have never been to a hotel where the food services were on any other floor but the lobby. The view was beautiful! After breakfast, we packed up and returned to the park for some more fun. We were able to visit the Marvel Cave. It was so much fun!
After the cave, we went on some more rides, but were so pooped from all the fun stuff we got to do in 2 days that we headed home early. It was a great trip and much needed time with the hubs. We were able to just chill together, have fun together and have lots of uninterrupted conversations. So blessed to be with this man I can call my husband. He is an awesome husband full of love, support and happiness. He leads our family, provides for our family and cherishes us with his actions. So thankful to celebrate 4 years with this guy. August 26, 2006.
Comments