Not traditional
I had an idea. I was positive my hubby would not go along with it. I still shared it with him, making sure to tell him he couldn't speak until I was completely finished sharing my idea. We have a (in my opinion) huge master bedroom and bath. The kids each had their own rooms. My idea: switch it up a little! The kids are at a young age where they can still share a room without the need for much privacy. I am also at a point where I want to "purge" all the unnecessary stuff we are hoarding.
So! I proposed that we put Halynd, Malachi and (eventually) Paxton in our master bedroom, us move into Malachi's bedroom and have an office in Halynd's room. In my mind, this is genius! We have two ginormous closets in our bathroom as well as a gigantic linen closet. By putting the toys in one closet, the kids will have specific places to put toys and hang up all their dress up clothes. The other closet will be used to house all their clothes. I can put Malachi's clothes on the bottom rack so he can dress himself! He's always asking me to reach something and if I don't respond quick enough....he climbs on his toy shelf (knocking everything down) and breaks hangers.
We are also going to have a reading area and put book shelves on the walls. I'm very excited about this! We'll have a little table and a couple chairs and (Halynd's Christmas present from us) an Art easel.
Bed time will be so much simpler, too! The kids prefer Donovan to put them to bed, after not seeing him all day while he's working. And I have to usually take care of Paxton around this time (inevitably) so, he'll be able to sit in one room with both of them!
They will have a nice big bathroom decorated in jungle animals and ours will become a more "adult" theme of the beach :)
I realize this is not a "traditional" thing to do...but it's what will work best for us! Donovan immediately liked the idea! I was surprised, but excited and surely ready for a change. We have 2 more years (at least) in this home, might as well make it work for us! I've already started moving closets :) Tomorrow is the "big furniture" moving day!
So! I proposed that we put Halynd, Malachi and (eventually) Paxton in our master bedroom, us move into Malachi's bedroom and have an office in Halynd's room. In my mind, this is genius! We have two ginormous closets in our bathroom as well as a gigantic linen closet. By putting the toys in one closet, the kids will have specific places to put toys and hang up all their dress up clothes. The other closet will be used to house all their clothes. I can put Malachi's clothes on the bottom rack so he can dress himself! He's always asking me to reach something and if I don't respond quick enough....he climbs on his toy shelf (knocking everything down) and breaks hangers.
We are also going to have a reading area and put book shelves on the walls. I'm very excited about this! We'll have a little table and a couple chairs and (Halynd's Christmas present from us) an Art easel.
Bed time will be so much simpler, too! The kids prefer Donovan to put them to bed, after not seeing him all day while he's working. And I have to usually take care of Paxton around this time (inevitably) so, he'll be able to sit in one room with both of them!
They will have a nice big bathroom decorated in jungle animals and ours will become a more "adult" theme of the beach :)
I realize this is not a "traditional" thing to do...but it's what will work best for us! Donovan immediately liked the idea! I was surprised, but excited and surely ready for a change. We have 2 more years (at least) in this home, might as well make it work for us! I've already started moving closets :) Tomorrow is the "big furniture" moving day!
Comments