Just ashes

I got something I've been waiting for/not looking forward to in the mail today. My mom ordered memorial pendants for my sister and I. She also sent ashes so we could put them in ourselves. The tools sent with the pendant are a toothpick (with a design on the end-to make light that it's a tool used to shove ashes into a tube), super glue, a paper funnel and directions. It was hard opening the package and knowing that all that's left of Nanny was inside. I had never seen ashes, let alone push them into a pendant and super glue the lid shut. Although it still doesn't seem real and the pain hasn't gone away-it's not as fresh or deep. You never realize how loud a persons presence in your life is until they don't exist beyond memories. I can still hear her endearing voice call me "Meggy" and the way she said "buh bye". I hope I never forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentry Zoo

A whole year with the little ladybug

Random thought