Tattoos!
For my Christmas/birthday present, Donovan surprised me with not only a prepaid appointment to get a tattoo, but a joint appointment.
I have been thinking and thinking about what tattoo I would get (***if I were to get one). A couple months ago, I finally decided! It was more daydreaming than actual planning. I hadn't planned to save up for it or to mark a date on the calendar, I just was sure of the permanent ink I wanted on my body.
Donovan went first. He didn't flinch with pain once! I wanted him to go first just so I could see what it was like. When we sat down and the tattoo artist was setting up, I already felt woozy because it smelled like a doctors's office. The sterilized smell of alcohol and cleansing soap is enough to lull me back into the operating room for c-sections. Luckily, I did not pass out! I kept it together! The tattoo artist and the other guy working were super nice and really funny. It's definitely a must to have good company while embarking on this adventure.
When Donovan was finished, he said it hurt a little more than he remembered (this coming from a guy with tattoos up his arm, shoulder, back, and forearm.)
After I got set up and prepped, my mind was telling me to run away! I was scared, but still excited. The very first needle prick, I jumped and immediately regretted my decision to go under the needle. I endured the 25 minute process by clenching my teeth, randomly kicking my leg in the air, and tensing every muscle (besides my right arm) that I could.
Previously, I was under the impression that I had a pretty high tolerance for pain....this event has allowed me to retract that statement and realize I am one big baby. I encouraged myself to do this by saying, "you have had THREE children, you can get a tattoo". I didn't realize it would feel like getting a bee sting over and over again for 25 minutes. How people do hours and hours on end-I will never know! Super powers.
Well, getting a tattoo on your wrist hurts A LOT like childbirth, but a lot quicker process! Needle on wrist ligaments and bones hurts real, real bad.
I wanted to have arrows to represent Psalm 127:4,5:






Comments